Tina is the go-to girl for books, if I'm lost in a bookstore and don't know what to read she's the girl I send my SOS to, she'll surely suggest the best reads for exactly what I'm looking for. Since she's all about books (oh, and writing, yes my friends she's a writer too! Talk about all out talent!), I wanted to feature her and her style on my blog, because lets admit it everyone has their own style :). She's one of my very good friends at work (not to mention one of my bridesmaids), bookstore savior extraordinaire, master de-bugger, and awesomesauce writer, but let me steer her away from what she normally blogs about (jump over to her site and check out her posts :) I know you'll love it!) and show you guys the stylish threads she prances around in everyday!
1. What is it that you love most about yourself and why?Physically? My shoulders/collarbones and my lips. After losing weight, I realized that my best feature are my shoulders and I love it when I see my collarbones. They're usually the indicators that I haven't gained too much weight yet. :P As for my lips...well, my good friend Cors told me I had nice lips, and it was only lately I realized that it was true. Pucker up! ;)
2. What is your most favorite accessory that jazzes up ANY wardrobe?
I got these from Bangkok a few years ago when purple was still my most favorite color. It's only lately I started wearing them, and I like that they give any outfit a little pizzazz. Is that what you call it?
I also love necklaces, those big chunky statement ones. :) I like that they jazz up outfits like that.
3. What is your favorite comfy outfit and why?
Not counting the usual jeans+shirt combination which I have been wearing since college, three/four things: long tops + leggings, dresses and skirts. Long tops make me look slimmer, so I always try to find these kinds of tops. Sometimes I wear them with crazy hats. :P
While I was thinking of an answer to this question, though, I realized that I really, really like dresses and skirts. I guess it's because I like the girly feeling they give. Of course, you can't wear them when it rains (which is lately, in Philippine climate), but dresses and skirts make me feel sopretty. :D Like the following:
(Oh did you know that Jana picked out all of these dresses for me? :D)
Of course dresses mean you can't really mix and match them...that is why I think I should acquire more dresses. :P Or get more skirts.
4. What is the one thing you splurged on to add to your closet and was it worth it?
I got these nude heels from VNC while I was looking for shoes for my friend's wedding. I saw it but I didn't get it immediately because I knew it was expensive. But on my second store visit, I finally fitted it and it looked AMAZING. Good thing it was on sale. :D Hey pretties!
5. Is there a book character that has the same style as you do? Please describe her character and what you like most about her style.
"I'm thinking I'll go the classic route: black pants, white Tommy Hilfiger blouse, and my longer black blazer that covers my hips. Classy but in control. And not trying too hard."And:
"I settled on a sapphire blue sundress that swirled away from my hips and thighs. I added a white blouse in case the theater was chilly, slipped on flat sandals along with my favorite silver toe ring..."
I want a sundress too. Hm. Oh, and she gets a pair of Manolo Blahnik boots in the second book. ;)
6. How would you describe your style?
Rumor is, Tina is planning a 26 dresses segment on her blog for her up-coming birthday next year on March! You guys have to check that out! I know it seems far but time flies and before you know it...BAM! It's March! :D