11/14/11

scratched and burned

Here is the detail that the tattoo artist designed that flows with my mom's hair

Tattoo: Frances Arbie

So...last Saturday I went to get the biggest accessory that I have been planning for months. It took a little bit of courage and a lot of pain, but I'm really happy that I did. I'm only showing you guys a few snapshots of it because it's still kind of bleeding and a bit on the painful side and I didn't want to show that part of my skin. Anyway, if it isn't obvious yet :P, what I got is a tattoo dedicated to my mom, it's my very first and it's bigger than most people get for their first. It was a very painful experience, and to think I opted to have painless creams slathered on the area of my back that would have the tattoo, but it wore off after awhile and I was left to feel every stroke. My artist didn't want to have it done in sessions so I was there at her shop for 4 hours and 30 mins straight until she was finished.

The design is very intricate, but the most important parts of this design are my mom's words in her handwriting, which I got from a letter she had written years ago, and her portrait. I didn't want to show you guys because it's still a little smudgy and there's still a bit of swelling and blood (hehehehe sorry TMI). I have never in my life wanted to have a tattoo, not that I didn't like them or felt that they looked dirty, I just didn't think I had the courage, the right pain threshold and a design that I can live with forever. A few months ago, I found her letter and thought it would be the perfect way for me to walk down the aisle on my wedding day and have her by my side, in my own way, and also, to carry her words with me wherever I go. It was after that, that I decided to have her portrait done as well. All in all, I am very happy with the result, and even if it didn't bring her back, at least I have part of her with me, etched on my skin forever.

I chose not to post entries this week, since I'm still recovering from the tattoo. It is my first time and I have such a low tolerance for pain that, I'm still going through the burning sensations and the stress of sleeping on the side I'm not used to. Plus I couldn't get the strength to dress up and have a weekend shoot with my fiance, it was still on the sore side and I didn't want to irritate it buy wearing that tops that I had last week. I was instructed to wear light clothing and strapless bras for ten days, but I won't be gone for that long. I'm sure I'll be fine by this weekend and have posts by then. Although if there is anything I'm able to shoot within the week I'm sure to post it right away :)

Thanks for understanding you guys!!! I'm just such a wimp when it comes to pain! I hope you guys have an awesome week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...