9/4/13

Predicting the Future in True Bohemian/Hippie Style

If you are anything like me when it comes to fashion, you don't only know the trends, you also know what's going to trend. Being alive for 3 decades can show a girl a thing or two about what's coming out and coming back if you really pay attention. If there's anything I learned that's true about fashion, it's just like history. Fashion repeats itself. This is why a lot of bloggers go to thrift stores, rummaging through the racks for something not only unique or vintage but for something they can add to their present collection of pieces.

Through my very trusty sources (Pinterest and Google) I've gathered up the pretty hippie/boho pieces that I think will make a comeback or have already made their return and are slowly squeezing they way back in style :)

The Bell Bottoms

Image from The Fashion Update

When these babies went back into fashion during the late 90's I could not stop wearing them. My only problem was, I am short and if I had them cut the style would look weird :\. But I got myself a pair that I could wear in wedges and I was good to go. I have a feeling these won't only be in denim (and high waisted) but they'll probably be in print and lace too!

So try and get some of those old skinny jeans and turn them into bell bottoms, I've already done mine! Let me know if you guys want a DIY post on it :D

Embroidered Tops And Dresses

Intricate details and bold colors are my thing, and there's a 60's-70's vibe starting to emerge I think this is one of the things that will re-appear on the racks if not on the streets pretty soon.

Image from Etsy

Boho Tops
Of course these are kind of related to our embroidered tops, anything with deep colors and floral print is normally considered boho. These loose fitted tops are the best as long as it's paired with tight fitting pants/bell bottoms or flares. In true boho fashion you can be stylish and laid back at the same time.

The Floppy Hat

Image from Bellyitch
Okay, I have no idea if I can pull this off anywhere else but the beach, but yes, the floppy hat is and probably has been back for a few months now. I am a bit of a coward when it comes to hats even if I love them, I just can't wear them (it's normally a forehead issue, yes I have forehead issues). To top off what they call the new or modern boho look you're going to have to get yourself one of these, if not to shield yourself from the sun or the rain (we never know with this bipolar weather we have).

Bohemian/Hippie style has never gone out of fashion, like all the trends that come into the cycle they always change a little here and there. What we get to do is add our own little signatures and call the look ours :). What do you guys think will come into trend soon?

Don't forget to JOIN MY GIVEAWAY! :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...